Applications are now closed.
A new selective program designed to help Taiwan startups in the VR/AR industry apply to overseas VR accelerators. Co-hosted by Taiwan Startup Stadium (TSS) & Taiwan Association for Virtual and Augmented Reality (TAVAR), Accelerate VR will select THREE teams that are ready to become the next big VR startup!
Not sure about how to complete your application for an overseas VR accelerator? Don't worry! Teams that are selected will benefit from close advising and consultation from TSS on how to apply to overseas VR accelerators*
And, if you get accepted and attend an approved overseas VR accelerator, we'll help out with round-trip airfare and living subsidies of up to USD $20,000!**
* Overseas VR accelerator must be approved by TSS & TAVAR.
**Amount of subsidy will be based on location and duration of accelerator program.
How to Apply
So where do I start you ask? It's easy! Follow the steps below:
- Check that you fulfill the requirements stated below
- Complete the online application form in English and include a 2-minute self-introduction video
- Submit your application by July 13
Applications will be reviewed by a panel of judges who will select the top 3 teams. Selected teams will be announced on July 19.
Before your apply, please review if your team meets the qualifications stated below:
Is a Taiwan-based tech startup (at least 1 engineer/developer on team) producing a VR/AR/MR product
- At least one founder must be a Taiwanese citizen or, if a foreign resident, legally employed in Taiwan by the registered company (through entrepreneur visa, APRC, JFRV)
Product must have international potential (not only for Taiwan market)
Team must have at minimum a working prototype or public beta (hardware, software, content/applications)
Founder or at least 1 co-founder is able to introduce the product in English
Founder or at least 1 co-founder ensures full participation in overseas VR accelerator after being accepted (program duration is typically 2-3 months)
Company (headquarter, branch, or subsidiary) needs to be registered in Taiwan
- Must have received under USD $2.5 million in funding
June 22 Applications Open
July 13 Application Deadline
July 19 3 Selected Teams Announced!
TSS & TAVAR reserve the right to adjust the terms and conditions of this offer as deemed necessary.