Are you ready to take on San Francisco AND New York?
It's time to ROCK the MIC again, and this time we're bringing 12 Taiwan startups on a great American adventure! The selected teams will not only earn their place in the Taiwanese Pavilion at TechCrunch Disrupt in San Francisco, but will also fly to New York City to meet our partners at NYC Media Lab and more!
Register now to pitch on July 22 and get geared up to rock the USA!
2 minutes. No slides. No product demo. Give it a shot!
How to register:
In order to join ROCK the MIC USA , your team must meet the following requirements:
- Is a Taiwan-based tech startup (at least 1 engineer/developer on team, producing a software or hardware/IoT product)
- Company (headquarters, branch, or subsidiary) is registered in Taiwan
- At least one founder must be a Taiwanese citizen or, if a foreign resident, legally employed in Taiwan by the registered company (through entrepreneur visa, APRC, JFRV)
- Product must have international potential (not only for Taiwan market)
- Team must have at least a demoable working prototype (hardware) or public beta (software) by the July 22 pitch. Note: Product demos will not be permitted during the pitch, but TSS reserves the right to request a demo before making a final decision.
- Founder or Co-Founder is able to introduce the product in English
- Available for travel from September 7-18 for TechCrunch Disrupt or September 7-24 for Disrupt + NYC
- Must have received under USD $2.5 million in funding
- Company must be less than 2 years old
Important note: Due to TechCrunch rules, winning teams must pass final approval by TechCrunch Disrupt staff, and meet the requirements listed above. If you're unsure whether your team qualifies, you can contact us with questions.
Our ROCKing Judges
Partner, Greater China & Head of Global Fundraising
Partner, Chief Rep of Taiwan
Taiwan Startup Stadium
VP of Programs & Communications
Date: Friday, July 22
Check-in Time: 6:00pm (pitches in order of arrival)
Pitch Start Time: 6:30pm
Location: Syntrend 11F - Civil Blvd. Sec. 3 No. 2, 11F
* 2 minutes, followed by possible Q&A from judges
* must be fully done in English
* NO slides (only one screenshot will be shown)
* NO product demos (no products on stage!)
ROCK the MIC USA FAQ:
What criteria will be used to select the teams?
Primarily, teams will be selected based on how ready they are to exhibit to an international audience. Having a mature product, clear branding, and an engaging presentation will all help to win over our judges!
If our team wins, how many team members can join?
Winning teams will be sponsored to bring one team member. (Round-trip flight, hotel accommodations, conference passes and exhibition space, and some group meals are included.) If additional team members would like to attend, they must arrange their own travel plans and cover their own costs of attendance.
Oh no! Our team won't be in Taiwan on July 22! Can we still register?
We encourage all teams to pitch live, as our judges will be able to ask follow-up questions that may help us better understand your product. However, if none of your co-founders are available to pitch live on July 22, we can accept your pitch by video, following the same rules as the live pitch. Videos will be reviewed on July 22, but the teams will not be given the opportunity to answer questions.
To submit your video, register as usual and reply to the confirmation email you receive to inquire about how to submit a video pitch.