3-in-1 Combo: Pitch For Your Asia Ambition!
Rock the Mic ASIA is the contest that will select Taiwan-based startups with high potentials in order to access to business connections across Japan, Thailand, and/or Hong Kong. We are super excited to launch our adventures with Infinity Ventures Summit, Techsauce, and RISE this year. Get ready!
See full details below, and make sure to apply before April 17!
Check out different benefits/subsidies:
Infinity Ventures Summit
JUNE 6-8, 2018 | TAIPEI TAIWAN
The Infinity Ventures Summit is a gathering place for 600+ executives of Japanese and overseas technology corporations to bridge business opportunities to the rest of the world!
Techsauce Global Summit
JUNE 19-23 | BANGKOK THAILAND
Techsauce Global Summit is one of the biggest tech conferences in Southeast Asia, gathering more than 10k attendees including Thailand’s leading corporates, venture capitalists, global startups, and tech enthusiasts from around the world.
JULY 9-13 | HONG KONG
RISE is one of the largest tech conference in Asia, attracting more than 15k attendees worldwide! Meet investors, corporates, and startups from all over the world in Hong Kong!
Rock the Mic Details
- 2 minutes, followed by possible Q&A from judges
- Must be fully done in English (person pitching must be a trip attendee and a co-founder)
- NO slides (only one screenshot will be shown)
- NO product demos (no products on stage!)
- Teams can select to pitch for one or multiple conference(s)
Date: Thursday, April 19th
Time: 1:00 - 6:00 pm
Location: Syntrend 11F - Civic Blvd. Sec. 3 No. 2, 11F
- Is a Taiwan-based tech startup (at least 1 engineer/developer on team, producing a software or hardware/IoT product)
- Company (headquarters, branch, or subsidiary) is registered in Taiwan
- At least one founder must be a Taiwanese citizen or, if a foreign resident, legally employed in Taiwan by the registered company (through entrepreneur visa, APRC, JFRV)
- Product must have strong local market potential for the conference you are pitching for
- Team must have at least a demo-able working prototype (hardware) or public beta (software) by the date of Rock the Mic. (Note: Product demos will not be permitted during the pitch, but TSS reserves the right to request a demo before making a final decision.)
- Founder or Co-Founder is able to introduce the product in English
- Available to travel during selected conference dates:
a. Infinity Ventures Summit: June 6-8
b. Techsauce Global Summit: June 19-23
c. RISE: July 9-13
- Available to participate in pre-conference trainings.
- Important notice for IVS applicants:
a. To be eligible for pitching at LaunchPad, the team needs to be less than three years old and has received under $9 million USD in funding.
- Important notice for RISE applicants
a. Company has received under $3 million in funding to date and is less than three years old.
b. Startups will not be eligible for pitching on main stage of RISE
Venture Partner | Infinity Venture Partners
General Manager | Taiwan Startup Stadium
Co-founder and CEO | Techsauce Media
What criteria will be used to select the teams?
Primarily, teams will be selected based on how ready they are to exhibit to an international audience. Having a mature product, clear branding, and an engaging presentation will all help to win over our judges!
- If our team wins, how many team members can join?
Winning teams will be sponsored to bring one team member (Round-trip flight, hotel accommodations, conference passes and exhibition space, and some group meals are included). If additional team members would like to attend, we are able to provide one additional conference ticket per team but are unable to cover others expenses (flight, lodging and other travel costs, etc.).
- Oh no! Our team won't be in Taiwan on April 19! Can we still register?
We encourage all teams to pitch live, as our judges will be able to ask follow-up questions that may help us better understand your product. However, if none of your co-founders are available to pitch live on April 19, we can accept your pitch by video, following the same rules as the live pitch. Videos will be reviewed on April 19, but the teams will not be given the opportunity to answer questions.
BATTLE OF THE STARTUP ECOSYSTEMS
Not planning to pitch at Rock the Mic, or want to know more about these startup ecosystems? Join our showdown of the startup scenes, Battle of The Startup Ecosystems on April 18th from 6-8:30pm!