FIVE startups will be chosen to fly to Singapore to attend the exclusive, invitation-only Global Startups Exchange Program. This 4-week intensive Exchange Program hosted by Infocomm Investments Singapore is designed for Taiwanese startups aiming to tap into the vibrant Southeast Asia market.
Dates: Feb. 22 to Mar. 20, 2016
Benefits: Selected teams will receive a one-month immersion hosted by Infocomm Investments. The 4-week schedule will include introductions to the local startup scene, weekly 1:1 mentor sessions, a local entrepreneur buddy, weekly social events, and complimentary working space and services at the cool BASH co-working space in BLK 79 Singapore.
Language note: The exchange program will primarily take place in English.
Applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Must be a Taiwan-based tech startup, with R&D primarily taking place in Taiwan
- Product must have international potential, with a plan to expand into Southeast Asia
- Team must have at minimum a working prototype (hardware) or open beta (software) & existing traction
- Founder or Co-Founder must be able to introduce the product in English
- Team must already be registered as a business in Taiwan
- Funding stage must be pre-A or Series A (updated from previous requirement of maximum USD $2 million)
HOW TO APPLY
Please submit the following information via the link below by Wednesday, Jan. 20 at 2 pm:
- Link to completed Business Model Canvas
- Company Name
- Product Name
- Name/title/email of all attendees
- Official website and (optional) pitch deck
- One paragraph describing your go-to-market strategy for the Southeast Asian market
- Description of existing traction
- Optional: If you have a more detailed Southeast Asia plan, please provide a link to this document.
Five startups will be chosen by Infocomm Investments & TSS together.
The selected teams will be notified by Monday, Jan. 25 at 8 pm, and the list of teams will be shared on the Taiwan Startup Stadium Facebook page.
Additional requirements & notices:
- Team must attend the full program according to the agenda arranged by Infocomm Investments.
- Teams will be responsible for booking and costs of air tickets & accommodation.
- Teams must provide a feedback report within one week of returning to Taiwan.
- Selected teams will have a chance to meet with the Infocomm Investments team on Jan. 28 in Taipei.