2/21: Rock the Mic USA 2017
Are you a startup ready to break into the US market? We're looking for you! Pitch at Rock the Mic USA 2017 on Feb. 21 to win a spot in the #TaiwanRocks Pavilion at TechCrunch Disrupt NY. Selected teams will also get to pitch at demo days in both New York & San Francisco and have many more opportunities to reach overseas investors, business partners, and international media! Register now to get your preferred time slot!
2/15 CEO Day: Corporate Culture with PicCollage CEO John Fan
Are you a startup founder struggling to set the tone of your company culture? Or, perhaps you haven't even given it much thought?
Join us to find out more about the importance of company culture and its impact on your startup at our next CEO day! We're excited to welcome special guest John Fan, Co-Founder & CEO of PicCollage, to talk about his startup's journey on developing a "fun, creative, and international" company culture that contributes to building a fun photo app used by millions around the world.
Note that this is a Starting Lineup Member-only event. For our Starting Lineup CEOs, please register for this event through the link in our Starting Lineup Facebook group. Not yet in Starting Lineup? Apply to join and get access to more exclusive member-only events like this one!
2/19: HeForShe Taiwan
How do we promote gender equality in both our work and personal lives? What role can entrepreneurs play? On Feb 19, join the first event held in Taiwan by the UN Women #HeForShe campaign, a global movement proactively engaging men as part of the solution to gender inequality. The discussion will be led by panelists Karen Yu (Legislator & Social Entrepreneur), John Fan (Co-founder & CEO, PicCollage), and Holly Harrington (TSS General Manager).
Get more details on the event here.
TSS STARTUPS IN THE NEWS
In case you missed any of these recent headlines, check out what some of our TSS Starting Lineup member companies have been doing!
- International News Lens: Startup Discovers 'Long Distance' No Barrier to Finding Love (AiMM)
- Forbes: How Taiwan Is Reinventing Its National Culture From Manufacturing Efficiency To Innovation And IP (FRNCi, Bitmark, LyraVR)
- Business Next: 投資17直播還不夠！Paktor集團再收購3家新創，台灣語音交友app「Goodnight」也在其中 (Goodnight)
- China Times: 新創×科技 煉金術－福芯電流按摩機 前進美加日 (U-GYM)
- International News Lens:Startup Lessons with Taiwan’s ‘Adobe-Killer’ (Vectr)
- E27: This Taiwanese talent crowdfunding platform just raised funding to accelerate expansion (Hahow)
- Refinery29: This Magical Device Turns Any Fruit Into Booze With The Press Of A Button (Alchema)
- International News Lens: Taiwan Startup Breaking from Confucius Tradition to Build the Future of Education (Hahow)
- The Bridge: クラウドファンディングでビデオ講座が開講できる「Hahow（好学校）」、エンジェルラウンドでCherubic Ventures（心元資本）から数千万円を調達——ローンチ2年で累積受講者5万人、台湾からアジアへ進出 (Hahow)
OVERSEAS ACCELERATOR DEADLINES
Ready for an overseas accelerator? Here are some upcoming deadlines to watch out for:
- 500 Startups Seed Program Batch 21 (Mountain View) - Early Admission - 2/15
- METRO Accelerator for Retail (Powered by Techstars) Berlin - 3/12
- Y Combinator - 3/24
- Techstars Atlanta (Partner: Cox Enterprises) - 4/9
- Techstars Chicago - 4/9
- Techstars Mobility (Partner: Detroit automakers) - 4/9
- Techstars Kansas City - 4/9
- Techstars London - 4/9
- Techstars Los Angeles - 4/9
- Techstars Retail Minneapolis (Partner: Target) - 4/9
- Techstars New York City - 4/9
- Techstars Internet of Things New York City - 4/9
- Alexa Accelerator (Powered by Techstars) Seattle - 4/9
TSS Starting Lineup Membership
Has your startup applied for TSS Starting Lineup yet? This free membership program provides mentorship, discounts and free services from partners like AWS and Microsoft, exclusive member-only events, and more! Sound good? Apply now for Starting Lineup.