- Are you a fast learner, a smart thinker and a creative doer?
- Are you comfortable working in an English-first environment?
- Are you passionate about startups, technology and innovation?
- Are you interested in the Taiwan startup ecosystem and getting hands-on experience in a fast-paced startup environment?
Taiwan Startup Stadium (TSS) is looking for passionate, hardworking and motivated supermen and wonder women to join our mission. If you are positive and confident about the questions above, you might be the one that we are looking for!
Note that we review internship applications on a rolling basis until June 11 (先到先審）, and we will begin to interview and fill positions once online application is open. This means the earlier you apply, the greater the chance you will be selected as an intern!
WHO WE ARE & WHAT WE DO?
TSS is a government-funded startup hub that supports early stage Taiwan-based startups to go global through a wide array of programs and a broad network of local and global partners, including international accelerators, conferences, and corporates.
Our team is made up of dedicated and multi-talented people with a common mission -- supporting Taiwan startups. The pace here is rapid and the sense of accomplishment is great! Come work at Taiwan Startup Stadium and enjoy a collaborative, international work environment.
WHEN & WHERE?
- Internship Duration: July 30, 2018 - February 1, 2019 (6 months)
- Time Commitment: 2.5 days per week
- Location: 11F, No. 2, Section 3, Civic Blvd., Zhongzheng District, Taipei City, 100
WHAT WE LOOK FOR? (Skills & Qualities)
> Basic (Must-Haves)
- Creative & detail-oriented
- Jack of all trades, master of some
- Ability to learn, multitask, and adapt fast
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team
- Currently enrolled in a Bachelor's program in Taiwan
- Passion and enthusiasm for technology, innovation & startups
- Proven ability to read, speak, and write English fluently (We are an English-first work environment!)
> Deluxe (Good-to-Haves)
- Excellent creative writing skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Outstanding time-management & organizational skills
- Tech-savvy and comfortable with learning new software
- Experience and/or ability in data collection & research analysis
> Premium (Bonus Points)
- Good sense of humor
- High level of energy & enthusiasm
- Giving commitment & taking ownership
- Knowledge of Photoshop and/or Illustrator
- Prior experience in marketing and/or public relations
- Knowledge of social media tools and/or data analytics
- Ability in Asian languages such as Japanese, Thai, Cantonese or Korea
WHAT WE OFFER? (Benefits & Perks)
- Friday Happy Hour
- Competitive hourly pay
- Enhance your soft skills
- Free snacks, beverages, and cool swag
- Great flexibility and opportunities to learn, grow, and lead
- Enhance your understanding of the Taiwan startup ecosystem
- Get to know a lot of key players in the field, e.g., startup CEOs, VCs, TSS partners, etc.
- Gain or sharpen your skills in (including but not limited to) communication/research/public relations/project management/data analytics/creative writing/graphic design
1. We are an English-first work environment; hence we only accept English applications. Please fill out the online application form in English so as to be considered for the role.
2. We do not sponsor work permits for international students.
When will I find out whether I've been selected?
We will review applications on a rolling basis and close applications on June 11. Once positions have been filled, all applicants will be notified.
I just graduated or will graduate in 2018, can I still apply?
Applicants must be enrolled in a Bachelor's program through February 1, 2019.
I'm a foreign exchange student, can I still apply?
Applicants must already hold a Taiwan ID or open work permit (許可證) via APRC or JFRV.